November 9, 2009

Home, once again...trying to stay here

After another two weeks on the road I have arrived home safely. I did leave a car on the Jersey turnpike. But all the wonderful friends and magicians I got to see along the way in DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Long Island, Goldsboro, Charlotte, and Asheville made it all worth the trip! Thanks to everyone who came out to the lectures, seminars, and workshops. The last three days were spent in Daytona Beach, where I performed and lectured at the Florida State Magic Convention.

If you are a magician, along with picking up the great "Jinx" copy of Genii magazine, pick up the October issue of MAGIC. Inside there you'll find a new "discovery" in card magic that I call "A Curious Case of Murder." It's really just a story...words conjured up from the art printed on playing cards many decades ago. But it's something that took me a decade of looking at playing cards before I noticed it. I'd like to call it an anthropological find, if anything. And it's also a fun effect to present, if you're into that sort of thing.

Thanks again to everyone who came out to the lectures. East, West, Home is best. I'll be in sunny Florida, doing card tricks during this winter season. There are a few one-day corporate events in Dallas and elsewhere, but truly, this is the best time of year to be here in sunny Florida...even if the hurricanes are just around the corner. If you're in the cold parts of the world, come and say hello.

No comments:

Post a Comment